What am I up to right now?
These are the things I'm currently doing:
- Working as a designer at Uber
- Recording my podcast Design Life once a week, and running the community
- Publishing a new article every week
- Interviewing interesting and under-deserved creatives
These are some cool people and courses I recommend:
- James Grieg – get proven tips on going freelance, rethinking your design career, or starting a business on your own terms.
- Paul Jarvis – him sharing his thoughts on using your creativity to make a living.
- Charged – a weekly newsletter designed to save you time and get you up to date on tech, without the need to keep up with noisy tech sites.
- CharliMarieTV – videos about design.
- Justin Jackson – helping you reach more people with the things you create.
- The Creative Class* – a course by Paul Jarvis teaching you the stuff that enables you to DO your work, like business, marketing & sales.
- Bianca Bass – build your career without burning out.
These are some books I've read that were decent:
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Show your work! by Austin Kleon
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell
- The Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell
- Raw Beauty by Kemi Nekvapil
- The Essentialist by Greg McKeowen
Last updated: November 21st, 2017 – now page inspired by fellow Kiwi Derek Sivers
* Affiliate links