I'm currently at home in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
These are the things I'm currently doing:
- Taking on freelance projects
- Recording my podcast Design Life once a week
- Working full time (remotely) at Atomic
- Trying to publish a new article every week
- Attempting daily smoothies and yoga on weekdays
- Interviewing interesting and under-deserved creatives
These are things I'm currently not doing:
- Drinking soda
- Eating processed foods (well, trying)
These are some cool people and courses I recommend:
- James Grieg – Get proven tips on going freelance, rethinking your design career, or starting a business on your own terms.
- Paul Jarvis – him sharing his thoughts on using your creativity to make a living.
- Tobias van Schneider – receive an email from him every Sunday night right on time for your Monday Inspiration.
- Charged – a weekly newsletter designed to save you time and get you up to date on tech, without the need to keep up with noisy tech sites.
- CharliMarieTV – videos about design.
- Justin Jackson – helping you reach more people with the things you create.
- The Creative Class* – a course by Paul Jarvis teaching you the stuff that enables you to DO your work, like business, marketing & sales.
These are some books I've read that were decent:
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Show your work! by Austin Kleon
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell
- The Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell
- Raw Beauty – Kemi Nekvapil
- The Essentialist – Greg McKeowen
Last updated: January 30th, 2017 – now page inspired by fellow Kiwi Derek Sivers
* Affiliate links